Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Maze Runner Series: The Death Cure

Book: The Maze Runner Series: The Death Cure
Author: James Dashner 
Prompts: 1.) What is your favorite character? Why?
2.) What do you think will happen next?
3.) What is the mood of what you're reading(happy, sad, funny, serious, etc.)? Defend your idea.

         My favorite character, during the whole series, is Thomas. He is favorite character because he preserves and finds answers. He never settles for maybe, he always gets answers that he knows are 100% correct. I know this because the text states that, "Thomas shook his head. He was tired of puzzling everything out." This shows that Thomas doesn't like to piece thing together, he likes a direct answer. This is why he is my favorite character. 

          What I think will happen next, based on the actions of the characters, is the main characters are going to get captured after escaping their jail cell. I think this because every turn they take, there are no guards or anything to protect their weapons or defenses. I feel suspicious because of this. I know this because the text states, "I have to be honest - something definitely feels off. I bet this is another one of their bloody tests!" This shows that the main characters have their suspicions. This is what I think will happen next.

          The mood displayed throughout this book has been serious and melancholy. If you read the book you can see that the main characters are dead serious and are willing to take extreme measures for their freedom. But, in this book, freedom costs lives. I know this because the text presents, "Thomas didn't hesitate. He swung his elbow backward into the face of the guard behind him just as he kicked the knee of the one in front. Both fell to the floor, stunned, but recovered quickly. Out of the corner of his eye Thomas saw Newt tackle a guard to the ground; Minho was punching another. But the fifth - a woman - hadn't been touched, and she was raising her launcher." This shows that the characters in this book will do anything for freedom. This is why this is the mood displayed during the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment