Thursday, February 4, 2016

Berlin Memorial Blog

2/4/16
Prompts:
1- What did you learn?
2- Why do you think this monument was built?
3- What did you notice about the number of laws passed in certain years?
4- Which restrictions do you think you would have the most trouble dealing with and why?


          I learned many things during the Berlin Memorial activity. I learned that almost all of the Jews entertainment was taken away. Such as being able to go to sports clubs, movies, car clubs, swimming pools, being able to play with other kids that are not Jewish, use the beach, and choir clubs. Jews were discriminated and were not able to go into other places where Jews were not present. Their rights were taken away. Their belonings were taken away. Their pets were taken away and in the end their lives were taken away. They were wiped from the face of the Earth. They had always been a target for centuries, but it was Hitler that got everybody going. He turned everybody against the Jews.  This is what I learned.                                                                                                                      

           I think the Berlin Memorial was built to recognize the Jews and their hardships. It was also to show how they were treated during the many years of war. How, one by one, their rights, entertainment, and belongings were taken from them. To show how they were treated unfairly.  This is why I think the memorial was built.

           I noticed that in the beginning most of the Jews entertainment was taken from them. Tnrough the years 1933 and 1938 all of their entertainment. Then, came the loss of job. After delcaring your belongings and the Star of David. No food and water. Finally, destroying all of the evidence of ever killing 6 million Jews and 5 million other races.

            I think the most trouble I would have with any of the restriction is being restricted from milk or eggs. I know this is not a basic essential in the human life, but milk and eggs symbolize food. I can not live without food for maybe one week. I don't think anyone can live without food for one week. This must of been horrible for the Jews and I take this basic essential for granted. I know this is one of the restrictions I would have a problem with.
         
       

       

No comments:

Post a Comment