Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Tuesdays with Morrie - Bucket List

4/20/16
Prompts:
1.) What are your initial reactions to what you have read in "Tuesdays with Morrie" thus far?
2.) One of the main themes developing in "Tuesdays with Morrie" is not to take your life for granted. Based on this premise, what is your bucketlist?

          I have had many thoughts during this book. It has made me think about the small things in life and to step back now and then and see the big picture. Also, not to take things for granted. What caught my attention the most was the way Morrie speaks. His words hit you like a bulldozer, but as you make sense of them they become clear and understandable. You have to step back for a little and see the big picture. He has his own sort of language like a mix between figurative language and the regular way that someone else would talk. He is a very powerful speaker.

           Something that astonished me was how he was so open. Morrie isn't closed off. He is unique and some of us would consider him weird. I also liked how he advised 9 million people that they shouldn't close themsleves off from the world. They should accept that they are going to die and share it, talk about, laugh with it, mourn with it, be happy with it. You shouldn't just give up, you should not just contine you your daily life but add somethiong extra to it. He talked about his death and death in general. He talked about that he is not just a wave in the ocean, he is the ocean. He says that he will die, but will live on in a different way. Morrie is a very inspiring person and he was right. He stills lives on one way or another.

          I haven't really thought about my bucket-list before except going sky-diving and a few other crazy things. I have taken my very life for granted. Morrie says that you shouldn't take anything for granted. So I guess here goes my bucket-list:


  • Sky-diving
  • Be one of the few people to go into space as a traveler
  • Bungie jumping
  • Play in the US Open
  • Meet the president
  • Meg Messi
  • Visit all 50 states of the United States
  • Visit all 7 continents 




         

No comments:

Post a Comment