Sunday, May 22, 2016

Final Reflection

 4/22/16
1 - What are the three most important things you learned this year?
2- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?
3- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?
4- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?
5- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of
6- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?
7- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?
8- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?
9- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?

           One of the three most important things that I have learned this year is giving your everything. Putting forth every last effort you have in you. I have tried to put every last effort in me into this class because this class has very high expectations. I respect this because I know Mrs. Larson is trying to push us so that we can be prepared. Respect is also something I was taught. Although I already knew what it was I really knew what it meant in this class. Respect is key in Mrs. Larsons class. Yes, every kid get distracted no matter how "smart" they are. Its natural but there should be more times where you showed respect rather than not. Another quality that was shown to me in this class is persistence. Persistence is a necessary quality that is needed in this class. There are many projects that you need persistence to complete.  

          I think the thing that I did this year that I will remember for the rest of my life is the Edgar Allen Poe play. I had lots of fun and my group really put lots of effort into it. It took creativity, persistence, optimism, and many other qualities. I really enjoyed it because it made me open up to a thing I would of never done on my own. In the end I enjoyed it and it helped me open up to it.

          The nicest thing that someone has done for me this year is to give me help when I need it. To always be there to correct me or to help me when I'm down. This class was tough but this class is like a family. We help each other. We all do. We always have.

          One thing that I taught my classmates this year is that not everything needs to be perfect. It can be perfect to you in your way. In the butterfly project many people said mine looked like a battle ax. It looked fine to me and it had everything it needed. Everyone's butterfly was great in their own way. They all had so much meaning. In that sense it is perfect. This is what I think I taught my classmates

           I think the area I made my biggest improvement is my writing style and my structure. I really think that my style has improved over this year. The way Mrs. Larson has guided me throughout this year was the most helpful. It was the most helpful year because we were able to understand more and take in more. The thing that I am proud of is getting mostly 3's and 4's Mrs. Larson has very high expectations and I respect that that is why I'm proud of getting mostly 3's and 4's.

          The most challenging part of the year was writing the argumentative paper. It was out of my comfort zone because I've never written anything like that. I had to research and find facts that went against my argument. Then, I had to prove why those facts were wrong. It was very challenging but I found it to be necessary later in life becasue that's basically what you have to do in everyday life.

           The best piece of writing that I think I did was my narrative. I think this because I out lots of detail into it, used figurative language such as: metaphors, similes, onomatopoeia, personification, etc. It was also really important to me because I could of died because of it. I was proud of the style I had in it. I was also proud of the structure it had. Overall I was really proud of this piece or writing

          My favorite book that I have read this year is "To Kill A Mockingbird." I really like this book because it shows lots of figurative language, has a life lesson, and it's very interesting. It caught my attention since the beginning. Even though we were annotating and analyzing it was still a great book. I would recommend this book to my peers.

           The advice I would give to each student in 7th grade is out forward your best effort. You think 7th grade was tough? Just wait until 8th. Even if you feel like giving up, persist. This grade is the one that counts. For high school, for the rest of your life. You need this grade. This is your school now. Make it greater.

         

No comments:

Post a Comment