Monday, May 23, 2016

This I Believe speech

     
"Fail, Learn, Repeat"

         “You can never achieve what you do not try.” This was said by an ordinary person with big dreams. Sometimes we want to give up. Usually because it is too hard or you know it won't work out. I believe that you shouldn't give up. Every time you give up on an opportunity to improve yourself, you also give up on an opportunity to improve others.

          Giving up is something we learn. It is not something we know from birth. Giving up also affects other people in a negative way. If you give up you can pass that vibe to other people and let them think that it's okay to give up too.

          I remember I was in a tennis tournament and I had lost the first set and was down 5-3 in the second set. I felt the drops of sweat on my back and my face. I served with caution for fear of committing a double fault and losing a valuable point in the game. I managed to make a come back from the 5-3 and win 7-5. We played a tiebreaker and I won 10-7.

          I was losing at first but I had won and just like that I had chosen I wasn’t going to lose. I didn’t give up. I learned that everything turns out the way that you think it's going to turn out. If you know you're going to lose then you will lose. Don't give up so fast even if it seems like you're going to fail, don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment