Monday, May 18, 2015

End of the Year Reflection

1.)What are the three most important things you learned this year?
2.)What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?
3.)What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?
4.)What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?
5.)In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of? What was the most challenging part of this year for you?
 6.) What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?
 Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why? 
7.)What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?


         
          I learned many things in the one quarter I've been in Mrs. Larson. One of the many things I have learned is how to write poetry. There are many things you have to learn to write poetry, like onomatopoeia, similes, and metaphors. I did not know this before I came into this class. Sure, I would of learned it in the regular classes but here they went into depth and explained the concept thoroughly. Another thing I learned through this class is annotating a piece of writing. It's not just highlighting a piece of text it's about writing down your thoughts and asking questions. And finally, the last thing I learned/improved is my vocabulary. I use words that have a sense of thought and feeling. 


 An event I will remember for the rest of my life is watching the Bugsy Malone Jr. play. Many of my
classmates participated in this play that is why I will remember it for the rest of my life. I couldn't take most of my classmates serious. They were either to short for their role or dressed up amusingly like a bunny suit. Other than that, they did a great job preforming and acting.

   

The nicest thing somebody has ever done for me in this class is explaining concepts that I did not comprehend when I was new to the class. Like explaining blogs and AoW's to me. Explaining the normal things and the schedule in the class. There were many nice things that people did for me. I really appreciate all of them.


 Something I taught my classmates this year is that it doesn't take perfection for it to be perfect. Like when we were doing the project where we had to see what the farm symbolizes for the character that we were assigned for Of Mice and Men. We didn't do the best job but it didn't turn out horrible. We just went with and explained why it relates to the character. We did our best and explained it.



The area in which I think I vastly improved on is my vocabulary or my choice of words. I now use words that express me more like instead of saying big I say vast. Something that I accomplished that I am proud of is getting into all accelerated classes. I am proud of this because this will impact my life in a positive way later in my life. The most challenging part of the year for me was entering Ms. Larson's class and not knowing what to do. I just watched her explain what to do while I sat there clueless but I caught on eventually.



My best piece of writing that I wrote throughout this year is a story I wrote based on the characters I created. I think it is my best because I used all the methods in writing a story like adding a protagonist and an antagonist. I included dynamic, rounded, flat, and static characters. The best book I read was Of Mice and Men. It was the best book I read because it had suspense, romance, action, and friendship.


The advice I would give to students that will be in Ms. Laron's class in the future is good luck. Also, do your homework and have good manners. Do your AoW's, blog, and vocabulary. Use please and thank you. Always get things done and turned in before the due date because you will have more time to do other things.










1 comment:

  1. Your blog was good and I enjoyed reading it the only problem was that you did not add enough supporting details to your paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete